Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mulkey House Happenings

The only thing "happening" in this household is a sick mommy and a very sick little boy. The year 2010 hasn't exactly started off with a bang for us. Jackson is just now feeling better after being sick with RSV & an ear infection for 8 days. It was a very traumatic week for all three of us and I am so glad that he is on the upswing. New Year's Eve was spent trying to decide if we should take Jackson to the hospital since his fever was so high and he could not go 5 minutes without having a coughing fit. He has since been put on steroid medication, an antibiotic for his ear infection and breathing treatments using a nebulizer...fun stuff!! He did not eat anything for 5 days except for cheerios and goldfish...luckily the doctor said as long as he is getting enough fluids he would be just fine. I am happy to report that after several nights of no sleep and only wanting to be held by one person (daddy) things are starting to get better and I feel like he will be 100% by the end of this week. I have been sick since Sunday with a terrible cold and finally made it to the doctor today. Sorry for the lack of posting...but trust me, there has been NOTHING exciting going on around here! On a happier note, I hope that all of my friends and family have a very Happy New Year! I am looking forward to the upcoming year...I am so thankful for my husband, baby boy, family and a wonderful group of friends...excited to see what 2010 brings!!

3 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

I am sorry yall have been sick. What a bummer. Hope to see you soon.

Paige said...

We are all sick over here too! NOt cool. Zach, me, my mom, my dad, blake and kylie. Too many people sniffing, coughing, clearing their throat and blowing their nose. GROSS!

the tatsaks said...

Glad yall are feeling better! I am looking forward to doing a playdate next week!