Jackson turned 17 months old on January 12 and....let's just say thing have definitely been changing around here. Bottom line: Jackson is entering the terrible 2's about 6 months early. I love my little angel more than words, however, he has definitely been testing my patience lately. All he does now is scream. He screams when he wants something, screams when he can't have something or does not get his way, and he sometimes even stomps his little feet or flails around on the floor if he is really mad. I am going to start trying time out now that he is almost 18 months and we will see how far that gets me in the discipline department. I am also going to start reading "Happiest Toddler on the Block" at the suggestion of Paige and Erika in hopes that it will help me learn a little more about Jackson's behavior and maybe some different techniques that will actually work. On a positive note, Jackson is a busy bee and jabbering more than ever these days. Some of his new words include cheerio, cup, cookie, yay, bubble and a few other that I cannot think of right now. He finally got his first molar last week and we are going to have our first dentist check-up next month. When Jackson is not being honory and defiant, his is still as loving and sweet as ever. I would not change a thing about him and I know that these fits and tantrums are par for the course at this age. I love you J!
4 comments:
It lasted for us until about 25 months so get as many tips and tricks as you can. I am reading Positive Discipline right now, that my therapist friend recommended and it's great!
Those pictures are so cute. They really show his personality.
These pics are so cute! And don't worry, it's a phase. But when this is over, new ones start. FUN!
I LOVE all of these pics! And I have seen no sign of these terrible two when I have been around him! He is just precious!!!
Post a Comment