So as most of you know, I reluctantly had to quit breastfeeding due to the staph infection on my boobs, when forced me to switch to formula. I automatically started him on Similac Advance because that is what they gave me in the hospital to supplement, so I decided to stick with it. Well, my little man is very gassy, crying out in his sleep due to gas, etc. So, I tried the Similac Sensitive to reduce fussiness and gas. Now, I am wondering if that is the right decision and I keep switching back and forth, which is probably not good for his little tummy. How do I know which formula to stick with? I can't tell if it is getting better or worse. Plus, he is only pooping every 2-3 days and I am not sure if it is because he is on formula or because I have switched so many times. Help!!! P.S. I know the picture has nothing to do with formula...I just thought it was so darn cute :)
5 comments:
I would say to talk to your doc because every baby is sooo different! I started Kelly on Similac Adv for the same reason. He had a two week period of crying literally from sun up to sun down and the day I switched him to Enfamil, he stopped. To this day if I give him Similac he cries all day. It doesn't agree with his tummy.
I like and have always heard that Nestle Good Start is as gentle as they come. For a couple of weeks when my milk supply was down I used it. Brooks had absolutey no problem with it. It has comfort proteins to help with gas problems, too. But I do agree with Regina, you should call the doctor to see if he has any suggestions. Also, not sure if you have tried Mylicon (which I am sure that you have) but I heard Gripe Water works really well for gas issues. I never had to use it but have had several people tell me that it works wonders. Hope this helps... Sorry about the infection. That really sucks but it could definitely be alot worse. Hang in there!!! Let me know if you have any other questions and hopefully I can help.
I don't know since I am breast woman but I have a ton of cans of formula that I kept getting in the mail if you want to dabble with those.
I am not sure. My kids have both had fussy tummies with everything I give them. Is it just gas or is he spitting up? If it is just gas I would definitely follow katies suggestion (mylicon and gripe water) but if he is spitting up he may need a different formula.
Oh yea and the pic is adorable!!!
Post a Comment