Friday, November 20, 2009

Tooth Brush Trouble

Ok...so basically Jackson absolutely HATES getting his teeth brushed and I don't know what to do about it. I am so anal about him having beautiful pearly whites so I try to brush his teeth 2 time a day but he will NOT let me. He screams, cries throws his head back, sticks his tongue out, and if I try to use a washcloth to at least wipe his teeth he will bite my finger. I don't know what to do about this...any suggestions????

5 comments:

Regina said...

I have no suggestions because oddly enough Kelly loves having his teeth brushed. He would do it all day if he could. I am sure you will get some good ideas and he will have those pearly whites!

Jeni said...

My J only likes the automatic ones!

Paige said...

Are you using baby toothpaste? Start by letting him play with it and see if he will put it in his mouth. If not, you can start by touching it to his tummy and then praise him a ton, then the next day touch it to his chest and then neck and then cheek and then lips or whatever until he is not so freaked out by it. You may have a few days of unbrushed teeth, but it may work. Good luck, oh and I read that somewhere, I'm not just making up weird suggestions.

Justin and Allison said...

Caroline, just like Kelly, loves having her teeth brushed so I have no advice. Her toothpaste tastes like bubblegum so that might be part of it.

the tatsaks said...

Cru does this sometimes. I have found that if I give him a toothbrush and I have one and we take turns he does ok. He will stand on the stool and put his toothbrush under the water and brush and then I take a turn! Even if you can get him to chew on it for a while at night that will help to keep them clean.