Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Trip Anxiety

I am leaving on Thursday for a mother/daughter trip to NYC with my mom. I am so excited for four days of shopping, shows and amazing food and I am so thankful to my mother for taking me on such a fabulous vacation. However, the anxiety/nervousness/sadness about leaving my sweet baby is starting to kick in. Jackson is staying with Garrett's mom who has so graciously agreed to take off of work and watch him for me. Also, when Garrett is not at work and over the weekend he will be with them as well. I know he is in good hands, but I am just so freaking anal about everything....yes, I have prepared another instruction page. This one is not as detailed as the last time for our Austin trip back in June, but still I had to do it just for peace of mind. I am nervous just because now that Jackson is walking he seems to be more accident prone: tripping over things because he can't get there fast enough or bumping his head on furniture....you know the drill. And I am sad because I have obviously not been away from him for this long and I know I will miss him terribly. However, I am going to try to relax, enjoy my time with my mother in my favorite city in the world and try to call only two times a day....not five!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Girl, what are we going to do about anxiety? I know the feeling, I always feel like no one knows the ins and outs of Blake and Kylie like I do. I am so in tune with them I can see what hazardous things Blake might get into or trip on a million miles away, that others probably wouldn't notice. Nobody is as good as mommy, but you need a refreshing relaxing vacation and when you come back you will be so happy to see him and you will have made some great memories. Try to relax, easier said than done, trust me, I know!

Jalei & Lane said...

I know that will be so hard, but try to go & have fun!

Jeni said...

I totally know what you are going through! We are looking into planning a vaca in November & I'm already a ball of nerves! Praying you can relax and have peace that J is in great hands! Enjoy the trip...it sounds amazing!! :)

the tatsaks said...

Enjoy...you deserve it!!!