At 10 1/2 months old, Jackson has gotten his first diaper rash. And it is horrible. He never wakes up with a poopy diaper but this morning he did so who knows how long he had been sleeping in that nastiness. Every time I changed him today he screamed bloody murder...I feel so sorry for him and his red, raw little tushy. Any suggestions for healing a diaper rash would be much appreciated.
5 comments:
diaper free... crawl around naked, let him pee on towels. It healed the fastest when I did that. Instead of wipes to clean him (most have alchol in them) use warm water running over his bottom- wiping keeps tearing the bottom open, just blot dry. Let him roam diaper free- Air dry heals the fastest. Best paste if you want to use one- Butt Paste. But naked, dry bottom heals the fastest. Poor pumpkin!
Kelly has had a couple REALLY bad ones due to antibiotics. We did the bare bottom thing, the butt paste, everything. The OTC cream we like the best was Balmex. But the absolute best thing for us was a baking soda bath. Fill the bath tub up with a couple inches of water and dump like half a box of baking soda in it and let him sit in it for a while (15 or so minutes). It's a life saver and at least he likes his baths!
Well I already talked to you but I also like Balmex and off course letting him be naked as a jay bird! I hope it heals soon...those are miseralbe for mom and baby!
Poor thing. Reed got his first diaper rash when he started to cut his first tooth and it was horrible. What worked best for us was using warm water to clean him (such a pain), letting him run around naked and Triple Paste. Looks like you have some other good options as well so hopefully something will work for you guys. Good Luck! Hope his little bottom gets better soon.
Triple Paste is the answer....I swear by this stuff. By far the best! Poor little Jackson.
Post a Comment