To celebrate Jackson's first Fourth of July we headed down to Galveston to spend the weekend with my parents and sisters at the beach. Sadly, my family's beach cabin that has been in my family for decades was destroyed by hurricane Ike last September. I am disappointed that Jackson will not ever get to enjoy our family beach house, but happy that we were able to enjoy some beach time with my family. Unfortunately, my camera lens got covered in sunscreen, so out of the many pictures I shot these are the only ones that came out okay. We had a really wonderful time eating out and enjoying the sunshine and sand. Jackson really did not know what to expect and I think he was caught off guard....he kept rubbing his eyes with the salt water and probably ate 5 pounds of sand. He did really great on the car ride...5 1/2 hours to be exact. I cheated and turned his car seat to face forward one month ahead of time....I guess I get the bad mom award for this week, but I knew he would do so much better if he could see what was going on....I was right :)
Hmmmm....let me think about this whole beach thing
Daddy & his boy
Hmmmm....let me think about this whole beach thing
Daddy & his boy


3 comments:
So cute!!! I am glad the car ride went well and yall had such a great fourth. Hope to see catch up with ya at Hawiian falls this week.
Glad yall had a good time!
So cute! It's always a little scary going on those long car rides, not knowing how they will do but glad it went well! We are looking forward to seeing you hopefully next week!
Post a Comment