Thursday, July 23, 2009

Worst. Night. Ever.

Again, I am sitting to type a post about Jackson and his horrific sleeping. It is getting unbearable for both of us; for me because I am so tired I feel that I am not being as good of a mother to him, and for him because he is not getting near the amount of sleep he should be getting. He woke up last night at 11:30 and I let him cry for an hour...I am not an advocate of crying it out, however I have run out of options. It was not even worth it, because he still did not quit crying. I rocked him to sleep and the minute I put him down he started screaming again. This went on until 2:00 am and finally I gave in and put him in bed with me. Of course, he slept like a rock until 7:00 this morning. And as we speak, he is screaming and I have already gone in 2 times to comfort him. I don't know what to do. I thought it was teething at first, but I know now that he knows that I will come get him and he is learning how to work his mommy already. I feel so horrible listening to his cries, it makes me sick to my stomach, but I don't know what else to do. He is also back to only taking two 30 minute naps a day which also started when he started screaming at night. I am wondering if it is now time to drop his morning nap. I have no clue...just when I thought I had if figured out.....

3 comments:

Binford Family said...

oh the joys of parenthood! It all works itself out... just know he won't be 18 and still sleeping with you if that gives you any peace of mind.

Regina said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! That sounds rough! If sleeping with you is the only way you both sleep, do it! Get into survival mode, sister!

Paige said...

All I have to say is Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child changed my life. If you don't have it get it and watch the magic happen.